Cloudmark Spam Reporting Service (SRS)
Mobile Messaging Security
Provides real-time, global insight into threats in your network
The Cloudmark SRS provides a clearinghouse of mobile messaging abuse reports, including spam, smishing, and other threats, submitted by mobile consumers from participating mobile networks around the world.
Reporting platform for mobile users to report Smishing and other threats
Cloudmark SRS is a mobile spam and abuse feedback and reporting system implemented as a fully hosted cloud-based service offering, available to any mobile network operator. Operators gain real-time visibility and actionable intelligence of all mobile messaging threats.
- Smishing (mobile messaging-based phishing) is growing at an alarming rate and subscriber reporting enables rapid protection throughout the mobile ecosystem.
- Subscribers react quickly to SMS and may unwittingly fall victim to malicious activity. MNOs can protect subscribers proactively and immediately by addressing issues at a network level.
- SMS spam and other mobile abuse are seen as violations of customers’ privacy. Empowering subscribers to report spam and abuse will lessen frustration and improve customer satisfaction and MNO reputation.
Mobile Network Operator (MNO) Satisfaction
- MNOs can understand the nature and methods of attack on the network and quantify the volume and impact of attacks to develop more efficient security strategies.
- SRS provides insight into message abuse at a campaign level. Sophisticated message grouping algorithms identify and show distinct spam, smishing, and other attack campaigns with insight into campaign size, timing, sources, targets, and other related information.
- MNOs can attract the highest revenues from the leading global brands with a network that is differentiated by showing security leadership.
- By optimizing network resources, operators can avoid costly spam, customer support complaints, and inter-carrier billing investigations.
- Uncontrolled smishing, spam, and other abuse can lead to regulation for subscriber protection. By proactively working with regulatory bodies this can be avoided.
Features and Benefits
Empower subscribers with multiple options to report mobile abuse, smishing and spam, including one-click reporting on supported smart phones, 7726 short code (or local short code equivalent), access to the Android SDK, as well as OMA SpamRep Protocol.
Fully Hosted Service
Requiring no capital costs and minimal up-front investment, the service deploys simply and quickly with no network changes.
Mobile Attack Classification
Identify the type, level, and nature of smishing, spam and mobile abuse on your network. Gain global and network-level insight into attacks and impact on customer satisfaction, fraud analysis, network integrity, and operations.
Rich Data-Sharing Features
Integrate regional and global trend analysis through feedback loops with operators worldwide. You can quickly compare the impact in your network to global networks and learn from the global community.
Visually analyze and build insightful reports and dashboards, tailored to suit operator workflows. With role-based reporting, you can customize analysis and reporting to meet requirements of various roles and departments.
Global Data Correlation
Providing on-network and off-network data gives operators the ability to understand and compare the extent of spam and abusive content within, entering, and leaving their networks from other operators.
How It Works
When an SMS spam message is received by a mobile subscriber, the user forwards the message to a short code, such as "7726" (SPAM), along with the sender’s identity (sending phone number, MSISDN, or short code number). The Cloudmark SRS collects the information, stores it in its database, and then reports, dashboards, and analytics are updated. The service also provides aggregated messaging abuse data cross MNO networks, providing enhanced visibility into high volume, fast evolving, and emerging threats. Operators access the reports through a web interface and use this visibility to target enforcement action against abusive traffic only, without impacting legitimate users and content.