Cloudmark Spam Reporting Service (SRS)
Mobile Messaging Security
Provides real-time, global insight into threats in your network
The Cloudmark SRS provides a clearinghouse of messaging spam reports submitted by mobile consumers from participating mobile networks around the world.
Reporting platform for mobile users to report Phishing/Smishing and other threats
Cloudmark SRS is a hosted mobile spam feedback system and reporting console deployed as a cloud-based service offering. Operators will gain real-time visibility and actionable intelligence of all mobile messaging threats.
- Subscribers react quickly to SMS and may unwittingly fall victim to malicious activity. MNOs can protect their subscribers proactively and immediately by addressing issues at a network level.
- SMS spam is seen as a violation of customers’ privacy. Empowering subscribers to report spam will lessen frustration and improve the MNO reputation.
Mobile Network Operator (MNO) Satisfaction
- MNOs can understand the nature and methods of attack on the network and quantify the volume and impact of attacks to develop more efficient security strategies.
- MNOs can attract the highest revenues from the leading global brands with a network that is differentiated by showing security leadership.
- By optimizing network resources, operators can avoid costly spam, customer support complaints and inter-carrier billing investigations.
- Uncontrolled SMS spam can lead to regulation for subscriber protection. By proactively working with regulatory bodies this can be avoided.
Features and Benefits
Fully Hosted Service
Requiring no capital costs and minimal up-front investment, the service deploys simply with no network changes.
Mobile Attack Classification
Identify the type, level and nature of spam taking place on your network. Gain global and network-level insight into attacks and impact on customer satisfaction, fraud analysis, network integrity and operations.
Rich Data-Sharing Features
Integrate regional and global trend analysis through feedback loops with operators worldwide. You can quickly compare the impact in your network to global networks and learn from global community.
Visually analyze and build insightful reports and dashboards, tailored to suit operator workflows. With role-based reporting, you can customize analysis and reporting to meet requirements of various roles and departments.
Empower subscribers with multiple options to report spam, including the 7726 short code, access to Android SDK, as well as OMA SpamRep Protocol.
Global Data Correlation
Providing on-network and off-network data gives operators the ability to understand and compare the extent of spam within, entering and leaving their networks from other operators.
How It Works
When an SMS spam message is received by a mobile subscriber, the user forwards the message to a short code, such as “7726” (SPAM), along with the sender’s identity (sending MSISDN or shortcode). Cloudmark SRS Spam Reporting Service captures, adds it to the database, and reports and analytics are updated. The service also provides aggregated messaging spam data cross MNO networks, providing enhanced visibility into high volume, fast evolving, and emerging threats. Operators access the reports through a web interface and use this visibility to target enforcement action against abusive traffic only, without impacting legitimate users and content.