Company – Overview
Cloudmark builds messaging security software that protects communications service provider networks and their subscribers against the widest range of messaging threats. Only Cloudmark Security Platform™ delivers instant security and control across diverse messaging environments, enabling communications service providers to create a safe user experience, protect revenue and safeguard their brand, while streamlining infrastructure and reducing operational costs. Cloudmark's patented solutions protect more than 120 tier-one customers worldwide, including AT&T, Verizon, Swisscom, Comcast, Cox and NTT.
Messaging abuse, such as spam, phishing and viruses, continues to evolve in sophistication as spammers aggressively try to out-maneuver spam filters. Unwanted messages constitute up to 74 percent or more, of all email traffic on the Internet and have cost and revenue implications for all service providers. Messaging abuse continues to drive down customer satisfaction and consume valuable resources, including storage, bandwidth and messaging server capacity in fixed, mobile and social networks.
Traditional anti-spam solutions that rely on rules, heuristics or pattern detection are processing intensive and offer latency in response. Cloudmark, on the other hand, uses an automated, computationally-lightweight approach that rapidly identifies new and emerging threats.
Leveraging patented Advanced Message Fingerprinting and sender intelligence technology, combined with a Global Threat Network of trusted reporters, automated and anonymous traffic analysis and dedicated security analysts, only Cloudmark provides real-time automated response with unparalleled accuracy in stopping messaging threats and abuse across multiple vectors. Cloudmark uniquely harnesses networked collective intelligence and sophisticated fingerprinting algorithms to stop messaging attacks in any language, format or network with greater effectiveness and efficiency than other solutions.
Cloudmark's unique content-agnostic threat analysis enables message processing that is up to 20 times faster and 30 percent more accurate than competitive solutions.
The industry's most efficient messaging infrastructure and security solution provides:
- Reduced Costs and Increased Capital Equipment Utilization:
- Cloudmark prevents the 74+ percent of email traffic that is messaging abuse from consuming valuable network and operational resources. Light-touch fingerprinting technology enables messages to be scanned at near wire speed with minimal CPU impact. As a result, service providers experience dramatic savings in server, storage, administrative and other resources, resulting in millions saved annually in infrastructure and operations costs.
- Enhanced Revenue Stream:
- Not only do unsolicited and malicious messages have an adverse impact on operator infrastructure costs, messaging abuse also has a significant impact on operator services. Cloudmark solutions keep networks free from messaging abuse and threats for the enablement of legitimate value added services.
- Increased Subscriber Satisfaction and Retention: Filtering accuracy and low false positives are key drivers of subscriber satisfaction. Cloudmark's unmatched accuracy significantly lowers customer support costs and reduces subscriber churn.
- Future-Proof Protection:
- Continuous research and innovation by Cloudmark's renowned team of messaging security experts together with the inherent flexibility of Cloudmark's architecture ensure that carrier networks and their subscribers are protected against the latest messaging threats. Cloudmark technologies are designed to stay a step ahead of new attack vectors and protect future services.
- Security and Privacy:
- Many carrier networks have focused solely on strong threat protection, but an ideal anti-abuse solution should combine a high degree of accuracy in filtering threats (security) with safeguards to ensure that individual privacy and government regulations are respected. Cloudmark solutions were built with user privacy in mind and provide both a high degree of data security while protecting subscriber privacy.
Customers and Partners
Cloudmark solutions protect more than 2 billion subscribers for the world's largest carrier networks, including AT&T, Comcast, MySpace, NTT, Swisscom and Time Warner Cable. Messaging technology leaders such as SUN, Openwave, Sendmail, Airwide, Acision and others have partnered with Cloudmark to deploy end-to-end messaging security solutions in carrier network environments.
Cloudmark is an active member of the GSM Association(GSMA), Messaging Anti-Abuse Work Group (MAAWG), CTIA - The Wireless Association, the Anti-Phishing Working Group (APWG), The Global IT Association for Telecommunications (ETIS), the registered association of German internet enterprises (ECO), Open Mobile Alliance (OMA), and the Telecom Council Silicon Valley.
Origin of the name, Cloudmark
In the forward-thinking setting of the San Francisco Bay Area, it is only natural for one to assume that Vipul Ved Prakash intended to be one of the first to incorporate the, now, technology buzzword, “cloud” into a company title when he founded the company, Cloudmark, in 2001. This, however, is not the case. Prakash, himself, admits that he got the name from a science fiction novel by Vernor Vinge, named A Fire Upon the Deep. It is in this book where the word, Cloudmark, originates as a trade language in a small zone of the galaxy known as the Relay. In the story, this zone was responsible for routing a huge percentage of the electronic traffic across the universe. It does seem a fitting name for Prakash’s company whose unique technology works as the largest filter of mobile, fixed and social networking traffic worldwide. With that said, I’m sure no one at Prakash’s Cloudmark minds the accusations of being forward-thinking though.